September 15, 2020

THIS IS ME !

 After 58 years … really, I do not have anything to show that could reflect what I have achieved or failed to achieve in my life.

Nothing, except for a piece of machinery registered back in 1962 … I call it model Y62.MAR06.v58.

A simple machine that has been through all sorts of weather, abuses, repairs, overhauls, tests, stresses, anxieties, angers, fears and panics but has also had the same amount of bliss, happiness, love, joy, glee, peace, trust, loyalty, tranquility, calm, contentment and lots of simple pleasures.

As of the time of writing … albeit a few loose joints and worn parts of the overall frame … nothing needs to be replaced … at least not yet.

The RAM is still good … more than enough to run at the speed of things in this century. The hard disk still spinning … no slowing down after all these years and there is still plenty of storage and space but needs occasional house cleaning to keep the files and folders in proper order.

Recycle bin is emptied daily … no shit !

As it is an earlier make and model … it has a very simple operating system, it does not like complex stuffs. It inherited from its predecessors some cold tantrums, temperamental moods with a tendency to hang or shut itself down when things get a bit complicated.

An old school type it is but not old fashion … as it does update itself progressively with new apps, add-ons, extensions and plug-ins.

So far it has been running and performing well … with constant boot, reset, re-charge and occasional re-format plus a good firewall set up for security and threats… it is able to stay free from virus, worms and trojans.

Really, I have nothing to show … except for this very simple machinery. Yes, there are material things around me but those are NOT me. I cannot hold tight to all the material things that I have and say … “this is me”.

This piece of machinery is the only thing that I can use to tell people … “THIS IS ME”.

I am not sure how long it will last and how it will continue to perform in the coming years but I am very glad for now it behaves exactly like it should … like a 58 year-old … not a day younger and not a day older.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment