December 31, 2009

I want to live longer

>
My 2009 new year’s resolution (RESOLUTIONS) was about making changes. And so I changed, to a healthier lifestyle. I did that because I love life and I want to live longer. So for my 2010 new year’s resolution (and future resolutions to come), I resolve to continue living a more healthy life, for as long as possible.

Everyone wants to live longer. Like most people, I want to see my children grow up, have grand children or even great grand children. And that is just one part of it. There are also many other things I hope I will live long enough to see and experience … I mean realistically. I think there are many great things and events that are going to unfold. They are definitely NOT worth dying for (you know what I mean).

Wouldn't it be great to witness human set foot on the moon again? Maybe even a human journey to Mars. It will be great to see this tremendous achievement of mankind’s exploration into space. You will never know, we may find proofs of extra-terrestrial life for I believe we are not alone in this vast universe.

I would love to see the “string theory” being proven by brilliant mathematicians and physicists to explain the complex universe we are in and maybe see the discovery of a new force ... anti-gravity maybe? It will be a great breakthrough for the medical world when scientists find a cure for cancer, AIDS as well as other deadly diseases and use all these advancements of medical science to reduce the suffering of the unfortunates. I hope all these will happen before my time is up.

I hope that during my lifetime, archaeologists and scientists will open the tomb of Shi Huang Ti (China’s First Emperor) and I also hope they will discover the tombs of Cleopatra & Mark Anthony, Genghis Khan, and that of Alexander The Great. That will give us invaluable historical insight of the various great ancient civilisations.

Soon some athletes will set a record of 100 meters sprint below 9.5 seconds (or even lower). And with dedication and hard work, our very own badminton players may even get an Olympic gold medal (and we will get a public holiday). Isn’t all that great to live for? There are just so many great things to look forward to and I really don’t want to miss them.

I am sure, like me, you too have many things and events you would love to see before your time is up. Who knows, maybe a Malaysian Chinese as Prime Minister of Malaysia … possible?

To that, I wish you a Happy New Year and a healthy and long life.



>

0 comments:

Post a Comment