September 29, 2008

Goodbye Mr Ho

.
“Goodbye Mr Ho and thank you very much” ... that was what I said while paying my last respect to a very dear friend Mr Ho Wah Pak, who passed away recently. This is one of the few people that have my highest respect. When I think of Mr Ho, he reminds me of what Sir Winston Churchill said … “We make a living by what we get but we make a life by what we give”. And certainly I know this dear friend of mine have made both a good living and a good life.

I have known Mr Ho (for a good 20 years) as a very hard working man and have seen how he manage a printing outfit in a small shop and grew it into a multi-million company that is today one of the leading printing businesses in this part of the world.

He made a good living by getting through the thick and thin of the very challenging printing industry but more importantly he made a very good life by what he gave to the society and the people around him. He was always ready to help, ready to provide and ready to give whatever he can to those in needs. Many years ago when I ran a small agency earning commision on printing jobs from various clients, Mr Ho was always there to support me through a very trying period of my life.

I am very fortunate to have known Mr Ho and what I have learned from him definitely makes me a better person. I certainly hope that one day I will also make a good life by what I can give.

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment